Saturday, June 7, 2014

Cosmos, The World Set Free, Episode 12 Revisited

Deniers, this is all that is left for you to say on this subject.

GinaBones 184 points 5 days ago
Just finished the episode, and there are a few things I want to say. I am a conservative libertarian(not that it really matters what my political ideology is lol), and I have always kind of doubted that us humans are the cause of the warming. I've always thought that we have just been going through another cycle that the earth has always gone through. And I thought this issue was just so politicized(which to be fair, it is highly politicized) that I just didn't know how to even begin to get a straight answer on this issue.

This one episode has totally changed my mind on this issue. There was no political rhetoric to try to sift through. It was JUST the science, explained in a simple way so anyone can understand. Neal DeGrasse Tyson went through all of the reasons that earth could be heating up, and explained why they could or couldn't be a contributing cause. There was one graph that really shocked me. It was the one showing the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere, and it showed how insanely high it sky rocketed in the 20th century.

This is exactly what I needed to be able to see that yes, we are doing this, and we need to fix it. I love this show, and I learn something every time I watch it. I never thought my mind would be changed on such a polarized issue like this.


You may now capitulate totally and completely, or return to the previously scheduled, sad seclusion of your pathetic, poorly-lit, science-denying cave. That is all. Thank you.

No comments: